Hey, hey. Psst. I have a Christmas riddle for you.
* associates closely with the colour red
* lives in a climate of perpetual snow and winter
* emphasises a massive program of industrialisation
* cherishes conspiracy theories and similar deception
* ignores social class divisions
* and redistributes the wealth?
Think you have an answer? Ready? Alright, then, boys and girls... brace yourselves... the answer is: "the Soviet Union."
What is that you say? Santa Claus? Preposterous! Absurd! Santa Claus? Hah! Don't tell me you believe in Santa Claus. Tche... and I suppose you'll be telling me next that Russia exists, eh?
Look, look. Let me be honest with you - nay - let me be brutally frank and inconveniently truthful with you.
Santa Claus does not exist.
The "Christmas" with which the Western wo